Throughout this document, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “ours”, “Startup Pedia” refer to the firms, that is, Startup Pedia. Simultaneously, the terms “you”, “your” “yours” & refer to You (as the User of the Platform).
“Instructors” are those who are selected to teach on the platform and impart knowledge.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Data and how we treat it.
- Personal Data
‘Personal Data’ means any information that may be used to identify an individual, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, including not limited to, a first and last name, physical address, email address, online identifier or other contact information and/or identity proof documents.
- Children’s Privacy
- What Personal Data do we collect & how we process it?
Categories of Personal Data that we collect and process are as follows:
- From you, we collect demographic & identity data (name, email address, contact number, photograph, location), gender, school name, birth date and year of the child to validate age)
- Online training sessions are recorded and used for quality audits and Instructor teacher training
- Projects, quizzes, activities, case-studies solved and uploaded, performance completed as part of our programs.
- If you are an Applicant on the Platform, we may collect information including, but not limited to your name, mobile number, address, date of birth and email address.
- Where do we obtain your Personal Data from?
- How do we use your Personal Data?
- To verify your identity
- To deliver our products and services
- To improve our products and services
- If you are an Applicant, to initiate and conduct the process of evaluating your application to teach on the Platform
- To communicate with you regarding existing products and services availed by you, including notifications of any alerts or updates or surveys
- To evaluate, develop and improve our products and services
- For market and product analysis and market research
- To send you information about our other products or services which may be of interest to you (you may always opt out of such communications by clicking an “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of each email)
- To handle enquiries and complaints
- To enable you to avail of our Services, and ensure efficient customer care experience and develop new features
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud and situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person
- To furnish your information to service partners and providers only to the extent necessary for delivering the relevant services (e.g. scheduling service and maintenance, providing emergency assistance);
We reserve the right and you expressly consent to us recording the classes, discussions, processes, events, conversations, feedback, pertaining to our courses, offered online or any other format. Please visit our Terms and Conditions available on website/platform for more details.
- Lawful Bases of processing your Personal Data
We process your Personal Data by relying on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- You have explicitly agreed to/consented to us processing your Personal Data for a specific reason. This includes, without limitation, any information that you have made public through your social media account, information that the social media service shares with us or information that is disclosed during the sign-up and sign-in processes.
o The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract we have with you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you
o The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have
o Where we are able to rely on specific legal provisions
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any point in time. Please note that should the withdrawal of consent result in us not being able to continue offering our products and services to you, we reserve the right to withdraw or cease our products and services to you upon your consent withdrawal. You may withdraw consent by contacting us with a written request to the contact details specified below in the ‘Contact Us’ section. Upon receipt of your request to withdraw your consent, the consequences of withdrawal may be communicated to you. Upon your agreement to the same, your request for withdrawal will be processed.
- When do we share your Personal Data with third parties?
We may use third parties in the provision of our products and services to you. You consent to us sharing your Personal Data with such third parties. We have appropriate contracts in place with all such third parties. This means that they are not permitted to do anything with your Personal Data which is outside of the scope specified by us. They are committed to hold your Personal Data securely and retain it only for the period specified in our contracts with them
Reasons for sharing your Personal Data with third parties: We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties only where it is lawful to do so. This includes instances where we or they:
o need to provide you with products or services
o have asked you for your consent to share it, and you have agreed
o have a legal obligation to do so. For e.g., to assist with detecting and preventing fraud
o have a requirement in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information about your actions to the owners of the website.
Most web browsers allow you some control of cookies through browser settings. We offer certain features that are only available using a cookie.
- How do we secure your Personal Data?
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission and deletion. We ensure that the third parties who provide services to us under appropriate contracts take appropriate security measures to protect Personal Data in line with our policies.
- How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We keep the Personal Data we collect about you for as long as it is required for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and for legal or regulatory reasons or as otherwise communicated to you. We may take reasonable steps to delete or permanently de-identify your Personal Data that is no longer needed. We will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and no later than 3 (three) years from when we no longer require it for offering our services to you.
Please note that we may, from time to time, engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions.
- No Sale of Personal Data
We shall not sell any Personal Data of yours for the purpose of marketing, advertising, or any other third-party use, except in accordance with express consent obtained from you.
- 13. Data Security
We always strive to keep your Personal Data safe.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Safety in the operating environment: we store your Personal Data in a safe operating environment and it can only be accessed by employees, representatives and service providers on a need-to-use basis. We comply with industry standards and the law to protect your and your child’s Personal Data
- The payment information: we adhere to confidentiality and security according to industry standards.
- Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to websites of other organizations. This privacy notice does not cover how those organizations process your Personal Data. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
During and as part of the classes or curriculum you might be required to access, visit, browse and make use of third-party websites and content, the use of which is governed by terms and conditions of such third parties. The information the third-party site or platform collects is subject to the third-party site or platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you have made on the third-party site or platform will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our applications. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal data.
- Your Rights
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are resident, you may enjoy certain rights regarding Personal Data that we process about you. Such rights may include:
- Access: You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and to obtain a copy.
- Data portability: Subject to law, you have a right to obtain in machine readable format the personal data you have provided to us.
- Rectification and erasure: You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data about you deleted or updated. If any of your details change or if you believe that any Personal Data we have collected about you is inaccurate, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take all reasonable steps to correct it
- Withdraw your consent: You have a right to withdraw your consent to process your and your child’s personal data.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
You may exercise your rights by managing your Participant Account and choices through our products and services or, if that is not possible, by contacting us. In some cases, if you withdraw your consent or wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data, we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you.
If you are not satisfied with what we provide when you exercise your rights, you can let us know by contacting us.
- Third Party Permission
We disclose Personal Data to third party service providers to enable us to offer our services to you and while accepting these terms, you explicitly grant permission to these service providers to use your Personal Data
We do not disclose Personal Data to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing material to you. However, we may share non-personal, de-identified or aggregated information with select third parties for research, development, analytics or promotional purposes other than direct marketing.
In some cases, the organisations that we may disclose your personal information to may be based outside the location where the information is collected. Where we do this, we require these parties to take appropriate measures to protect that information and to restrict how they can use that information.
- User Communication
You hereby explicitly consent to receive email, telephone, WhatsApp or text messages from us, our subsidiaries, associates, or affiliates, for the purpose of providing alerts and information related to services. Further, you understand and agree that we and our subsidiaries, associates and affiliates at their sole discretion and without any obligation to disclose or inform you or anyone, may decide whether any of our information, offerings and promotions of our subsidiaries’, associates’, or affiliates’ is an update or upgrade to any goods or services being availed or having availed by you from us.
This consent shall override any registration the Users may have done in their respective jurisdiction to opt out of such communications including through registration with a Do-Not- Call-Registry, as applicable.
- Contact Us
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy, or exercising your rights, you could reach us at:
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Organization’s Name: RFJ Media Private Limited
Address: B-127, B Block, Sector 2, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
Phone number: 7250356435
- Notification of changes